Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Morning Ritual

Dear Fauxllowers:

This blog is in response to the constant media message that women can't "have it all." I beg to differ. I am an attorney, mother, wife, home-schooler, garderner, baker, and professional writer. I do have it all. And I feel as though my calling is to help other women learn how to manage their time better, become more efficient, and in general, make the world a better place.

Here are a few topics, having mastered, that I plan to cover in my blog:
  • beauty rituals
  • gardening
  • sex tips
  • homeschooling
  • canning
  • arts and crafts
  • making a beautiful home
  • creating the perfect outfit
  • recipes
  • holiday entertaining
  • cleaning tips
  • professionalism
  • affirmations
  • useful apps
  • spirituality
  • time management
  • cake decorating
  • charity
  • budgeting
  • keeping the romance alive
  • friendships
  • the internet
  • illness and malaise
  • pet care
  • helping the environment and otherwise saving the world
I also plan to provide links to helpful websites where you can buy or investigate products that help me excel in my day-to-day life. It is my goal to help every women achieve the perfection I have achieved in my life. 

Most of all I am here to remind you that:

 If you don't have it all, you're just not trying hard enough.

Starting Your Day

Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For this reason it is of the utmost importance that you begin each day by properly fueling your body. 

This is how I start my morning* to ensure I am efficient, patient, pain-free, and neither too cheerful nor too morose throughout the day:



Plus, I always have a cup of coffee as well (with plenty of fat-free vanilla creamer for calcium!)

Tip 1: If you haven't been diagnosed with anything be sure to see your psychiatrist. Better yet, see your internist and let him or her know what medication you are interested in taking. Pharmaceutical commercials usually have good information about drug brands and what they treat. Also, there are many useful websites that can help you diagnose yourself. Make sure to tell your doctor what you think you have before discussing medication.

Tip 2: If you have a friend who, like me, has it all, be sure and check her medicine cabinet because she probably starts her day with a similar ritual. Also, get her doctor's name and number.


*For more information about side effects, likely long-term health issues, and contraindications see http://www.drugs.com/. Lying to a doctor to get medicine is a bad idea. Don't take pills from friends because it is illegal and dangerous (I know this because I am a lawyer and because I did it once.)


8 comments:

  1. Ha, love it. When do we get to the beauty rituals part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be more to come, my friend! Just check in everyday. Today I am posting a great egg-free chocolate cake recipe with directions on how to make a hydrangea cake. If you have any other friends who aren't trying hard enough to "have it all" then direct them here! Kisses to the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's been tiring looking in many different places for the answers on how to have it all, now thanks to your blog, it's one stop shopping. With all the time I'll save by reading your blog I be able to learn how to knit and make everyone personalized blankets for Christmas. Do you want your blanket in muave or chartruise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Stephanie--I prefer chartreuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reflecting on your breakfast...I can remember a time, long, long, long, long, long ago, when I actually started some days with a mug of black coffee and a jigger of kahlua. That was when my four kids and I lived in a two-bedroom apartment with two cats, one litter of kittens, two parakeets, six gold fish, a Dutch Chocolate rabbit in a diaper, four hermit crabs a'wandering, and a gecko--then my distraught, displaced kin showed up at our door with two offsprings and a pair of neurotic miniature poodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember traveling across country in an old Pontiac with three young children, two dogs, a cat and lots of "stuff" packed in. Those were the days. I love the way you describe having it all....starting your day AND with you doctors' approval as well. It gives me pause. Alas! Now I see what could have been and STILL can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Norabee,
      With a doctor's approval anything is possible. ;)

      Delete
  7. Happiness is good health and a bad memory.
    to get Online pharmacy from Dose Pharmacy

    ReplyDelete